What Things Are Illegal In Dubai?
- Anthony Watkins
10 activities that are strictly forbidden in Dubai
- Providing a check that is returned unpaid.
- Sharing your bed with your significant other.
- Being homosexual.
- Using electronic cigarettes as a smoking substitute.
- If you are younger than 18, you are not allowed to stay in a hotel.
- Being intoxicated.
- Taking medications.
What is Dubai jail like?
Swearing, bad checks, and false confessions have all led to the incarceration of British nationals in the hellholes that are UAE jails. Beatings, malnutrition, and overcrowding are all too commonplace at Dubai’s jails, which are notorious for the filthy facilities they maintain and the cruel way in which they treat their inmates.
Five of Dubai’s prisons have earned an infamous reputation for the brutal treatment of their inmates. However, despite the fact that you may assume that inmates who are exposed to such torture will be locked up for murder or rape, British citizens have been harshly punished for what appear to be rather insignificant “crimes.” One foreigner was sentenced to two years in detention for just sending a message that contained an offensive term, while another was sentenced to a quarter of a century in lock up for possessing CBD oil that was used for vaping.
And while they were behind bars, several British citizens survived on nothing more than bread and water in cells that were crammed with dozens or even hundreds of other ‘criminals.’ They have also been pressured into falsely acknowledging their ‘crimes,’ as well as being slapped, denied of medicine, and endured multiple broken bones.
What’s not allowed in UAE?
Top 10 Things you DON’T DO in Dubai – You will be ARRESTED!
Importing or exporting specific items, such as animals, medicines, or weapons, requires first obtaining the proper licences from the authorities with jurisdiction over such activities. Some of the items that are off limits are as follows: Household pets and other types of animals After obtaining a licence from the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment, it is possible to bring domestic animals such as cats and dogs into the UAE.
You will be required to supply information on this microchip, as well as the vaccination card, health certificate, and passport that your pet currently possesses. Before entering the United Arab Emirates (UAE), rabies vaccinations may be required for some animals. Contact the airlines operating in the UAE to find out the precise guidelines that must be followed in order for your pet to travel with you.
After obtaining a licence from the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment, it is possible to bring live animals, birds, and ornamental fish into the UAE. You may also bring horses into the country, export them, release them, or seek passage for them.
- Useful links: Etihad Airways welcomes all kinds of animals and pets.
- Our stance on the transportation of living organisms, plant life, and the byproducts of both – Etihad cargo Emirates Airline’s policies and fees for traveling with pets and other animals Inquire with Emirates – Emirates Airline about the possibility of carrying your pet.
Pets – Emirates SkyCargo Agricultural products After obtaining a licence from the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment, you will be able to bring honeybees, seedlings for outdoor planting, tubers, and seedlings for indoor planting into the UAE.
Food According to Ministerial Resolution No.14 of 2016 concerning the control of food that is imported for purposes other than commercial, the following items are the maximum that can be brought into the country: Twenty kilograms of yogurt a total of 50 liters of oil (including olive oil) 10 kilograms of a wide variety of fruit and vegetable varieties 100 kg dates 10 kg sweets and bread 30 kg of different types of grains, cereals, and red meat 10 kg of fish and other marine life caviar weighing 500 grams 11 kilo of eggs 20 kg for items including honey and sugar 5 kilograms for aromatic plants and seasonings, in addition to vinegar, orange blossom water, and rose water 500 grams of saffron It is permissible to bring 10 kg of special-purpose food such as meals for children.20 liters of various beverages and syrups, in addition to water 5 kg of concentrated juice 25 kg of food stored in cans.
Without the proper authorization from the Customs officials, you are not permitted to import cooked duck eggs, often known as balut. If you are going to import the eggs, you will be required to submit a health certificate that states the dates of production and expiration for the eggs, as well as the fact that the eggs were produced on farms that are free of salmonella and avian flu.
Medications and pharmaceuticals When traveling outside of their native nations, tourists have a responsibility to exercise caution with regard to any medications they bring with them. It is possible that certain drugs include compounds that are prohibited in the UAE, which might result in an individual being arrested for possessing them.
People should thus not only carry the prescription from their doctor, but they should also make sure that the number of tablets they bring is sufficient to support their typical use for the period of their planned stay. Additionally, it is recommended that they obtain a certificate from the appropriate embassies.
- It is necessary to obtain prior authorization from the UAE Ministry of Health and Prevention in order to import into the country large quantities of pharmaceuticals that include restricted ingredients.
- Please see the relevant story in Gulf News for more information.
- The list of medications that are illegal in the UAE is frequently updated by the authorities in charge of customs there.
Before traveling to the UAE, visitors are required to check out their respective websites. Examine the material in the regulated medications part of the health section. Infractions that include drugs, whether prohibited substances or recreational drugs, will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
- In the United Arab Emirates (UAE), it is against the law to possess or sell natural or herbal goods including tobacco, poppy seeds or powder, betel leaves, and some herbal stimulants.
- There are serious repercussions for engaging in drug dealing, trafficking, or smuggling; owning or even having trace quantities of narcotics in one’s bloodstream; and trading in illegal substances.
Bringing in prescription drugs for one’s own use On the website of the Ministry of Health and Prevention of the United Arab Emirates, it is stated that nationals and residents of the UAE can apply for authorisation to import pharmaceuticals for personal use.
- The quantity of the imported medication must not be greater than the individual’s personal requirement for a period of one month for controlled and semi-controlled medications and three months for non-controlled medications.
- In related news: Ministry of Health and Prevention Guidelines for the carrying of personal medicines with travelers entering the UAE Prohibited and/or controlled medicines and drugs in the United Arab Emirates Travelers’ guide to prohibited and/or controlled medicines and drugs in the United Arab Emirates and quantities permitted Vehicles Please refer to the procedure outlined by the customs authorities on the official portal of Abu Dhabi and the website of Dubai Customs for further information.
Publications Publications that include artwork that are either physically or digitally produced are not permitted if they contravene Islamic ideals. It is possible that your personal belongings may be searched in order to determine whether or not you are transporting one of these things.
In the event that you are discovered, the content you possess may be banned or seized, and you may be subject to a fine, time in jail, or even deportation. Weapons Before entering or transiting the UAE, you need permission from the Ministry of the Interior to bring in any type of weapon, ammunition, or body protection, as well as any related equipment (like cleaning kits, gun belts, and so on), regardless of how small the quantity or how specific the purpose may be.
Technical equipment To use some pieces of technology in the United Arab Emirates, such as satellite phones, listening or recording equipment, radio transmitters, powerful cameras or binoculars, you may be required to get a license from the Telecommunications and Digital Government Regulatory Authority.
Cash/money Any traveler leaving or entering the United Arab Emirates who possesses more than 100,000 AED in cash, or an amount that is comparable to this amount in any other currency or any other financial instrument, is required to report it at the customs. If a traveler is entering or leaving a country that is a member of the European Union with more than 10,000 euros in cash, they are required to declare the whole amount to a customs officer.
Personal effects If a traveler satisfies all of the following requirements, their personal effects will be allowed into the country and they will not be required to pay any customs duties: The total value of the gifts, perfumes, and personal luggage does not exceed AED 3,000.
- Luggage and gifts must be of a limited quantity and not in commercial quantities.
- The passenger should not be a frequent traveler who brings goods on a regular basis, nor should they be a member of the respective conveyance crew.
- Products sold at stores In accordance with the following criteria, the United Arab Emirates imposes import and export tariffs on commercial goods: Which emirate the business is registered in, whether the business is registered on the mainland or in a free zone, the nature of the goods being moved, the origin and destination of the goods being moved, the trade agreements between the UAE and the other country, as well as any other laws that may be applicable.
Cigarettes and alcoholic beverages both You are eligible to import cigarettes and alcohol if both of the following apply: You must be over the age of 18 in order to bring legally permissible quantities of cigarettes or alcoholic drinks into the nation.
The total amount of alcoholic beverages and beers you bring must not be more than two cartons of beer or four liters (each consisting of 24 cans, not exceeding 355 ml for each can or its equivalent) There are no more than four hundred cigarettes total, and their worth does not surpass two thousand Emirati Dirhams.
The total value of cigars held by travellers does not exceed three thousand UAE Dirhams (AED). Shopping with no import taxes At the airports in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Sharjah, you have the opportunity to take advantage of duty-free shopping. Learn more about the duty-free allowances at the following websites: Abu Dhabi airport Sharjah airport .
Discover the rules and regulations that apply to the sale of restricted and forbidden items in the UAE: List of Prohibited and Restricted Goods in the Passenger Guide Issued by the Federal Customs Administration Goods that are restricted or barred from importation – Abu Dhabi Customs Baggage and other goods that can be brought in – Dubai Customs Passenger Customs Handbook – Dubai Customs (PDF, 759 KB) Money must be declared to Dubai Customs.
Sharjah Customs’ list of items that are prohibited or subject to restrictions What items are prohibited from entry into the United Arab Emirates – Abu Dhabi International Airport? What items are prohibited from entry into the United Arab Emirates at Dubai International Airport?
What are the things illegal in UAE?
Infractions that include drugs will not be tolerated under any circumstances. There are serious repercussions for engaging in drug trafficking or smuggling, as well as for possessing even trace amounts of illegal substances. The death sentence is one of the potential outcomes for anyone convicted of drug trafficking.
Even the possession of a trace amount of illicit narcotics can result in a minimum sentence of three months in jail or a fine that cannot be lower than 20,000 UAE Dirhams (AED) and cannot be more than 100,000 UAE Dirhams (AED). The presence of narcotics in the blood stream is considered possession by the authorities of the Emirati government.
Spice and other similar natural stimulants are prohibited in the UAE. It is a criminal to possess money obtained via the illegal sale of narcotics, to hide that money, and to carry out financial transactions with that money. If convicted, the offender faces the possibility of both incarceration and a monetary fine.
On their journey to other locations, a significant number of passengers make pit stops in airports located in the UAE. Because of the high level of technology and security found in UAE airports, travellers in transit who are carrying even trace quantities of narcotics may be subject to arrest. There is a possibility that some cosmetics and refills for electronic cigarettes include substances that are prohibited in the UAE, such as CBD oil.
If such items are discovered in your possession, they will be confiscated, and you may be subject to criminal penalties as a result. On the website of the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Health, you may find a list of the narcotic, psychotropic, and regulated substances to which this law applies, as well as the permissible amounts and documentation to provide.