What Caused Dubai Hotel Fire?
- Anthony Watkins
DUBAI / According to the reports of the police, the fire that broke out on New Year’s Eve at the hotel known as The Address Downtown Dubai was caused by an electrical short circuit that occurred on a spotlight. The fire was started at around 9:25 p.m.
- by a spark that originated from wires that were attached to the light, which was situated on a ledge between the 14th and 15th floors of the 63-story structure.
- The fire had begun on the exterior of the building, so the inside alarms had not yet been triggered by smoke when they did not ring immediately, according to the police, who have stated that there was no indication of any kind of criminal activity.
Many of the guests at the hotel said that they did not hear the hotel’s alarm and that they did not leave the property until they heard those on staff and other guests screaming. Yesterday, the head of the Dubai Police Department, Major General Khamis Al Muzeina, made the following statement: “The results of the investigation come after visiting the location where the fire originated, collecting and testing evidence, as well as listening to the statements of witnesses.” He also stated that combustible substances such as gasoline did not have a role in the fire in any way.
- According to Ahmed Mohammed Ahmed, who heads up the forensics and mechanical engineering section of Dubai Police’s forensic science and criminology branch, the light cable wires run concurrently with other lines that lead to balconies.
- “The parking garages, office space, fitness center, and dining establishments are located on the first four floors of the 63-story skyscraper,” he explained.
“The remaining floors of the tower are apartments.” “The building also features projecting ledges, some of which are positioned at the entrances of the hotel, some of which are located between the 14th and 15th levels, and some of which are located on the top floors, on the 48th floor and above.” These ledges are outfitted with spotlights that are linked to cables by means of apertures in the building.
- The building’s walls also have wires that are linked to certain balconies and other lights.
- According to Mr.
- Ahmed, the fire started between flats 1401 and 1504, in a space that included a narrow passage of just 1.1 meters in width as well as a ledge.
- According to him, just one of the four spotlights located in this location had wires that had completely melted, which was helpful in locating the origin of the fire.
According to Mr. Ahmed, “experts checked apartment 1504 and came to the conclusion that the fire spread to the unit from the side of the window, which looks onto the pathway and the ledge, and not from inside the apartment.” He added that the fire also spread to apartment 1401 through falling debris.
“Experts checked apartment 1504 and came to the conclusion that the fire spread to the unit from the side of the window, which looks onto the pathway and the ledge.” According to him, a man who was staying on the 18th floor of the hotel was the first to report to the reception desk that he could smell something burning.
When security finally discovered the spot where the fire had begun, it had already spread to other floors. The forensic scientist stated once more that the fire was a tragic accident, and that there was no evidence to suggest that it was intentionally started.
- People felt suspicious since the event took place on New Year’s Eve, which was a time when celebrations were scheduled across the country; nevertheless, there was not the slightest intention of committing a crime, according to Mr. Ahmed.
- The fire was caused by an accident, and wires are susceptible to damage from a variety of factors, including heat, dust, and humidity.
According to Maj. Gen. Al Muzeina, the authorities’ first goal that night was ensuring that everyone made it to a secure location, and they were successful in doing so, with very few casualties being recorded. There were sixteen individuals sent to the hospital with injuries, and one of them had a heart attack as they were being taken out of the building.
According to the head of the police department, “almost all residents received their possessions back.” In addition, he extended his gratitude to the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior, Sheikh Saif bin Zayed, for his efforts in closely monitoring the situation, as well as his gratitude to all of the fire and rescue personnel who were engaged.
[email protected] ae Additional coverage: The answer is here: how The fire test at the Address Downtown Dubai hotel was a “meaningless” exercise. The Address Downtown’s cladding “did not fulfill fire safety criteria,” according to the report. An in-depth photographic examination of the damage caused by the fire that broke out at The Address Hotel.
How did the Address Hotel catch fire?
2015 fire On the evening of the 31st of December, at 21:00 GMT, there was a fire that started on the 20th level of the building. Residential units are located on the floor that is believed to be the origin of the fire. A precautionary evacuation was also carried out at the neighboring Dubai Mall.
According to Dubai’s Media Office, the blaze started on a patio located on the 20th level. As the fire spread to other areas of the structure, there was a loud explosion that came from nowhere in particular. Then, pieces of the structure began to fall to the ground, and thick columns of smoke could be seen rising from the tall edifice.
Jonathan Gilliam, a law-enforcement analyst for CNN, offered the following assessment on the rapidity with which the fire spread: “This is shaping up to be a very terrifying situation. This is rapidly becoming more widespread.” According to a spokesperson of the Dubai Civil Defence, the blaze was tackled by four independent teams of firemen.
- According to the Major-General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina, the Chief of Police in Dubai, once the fire was brought under control, the goal was to undertake cooling operations to ensure that the fire did not spread and to look for any persons who may have become trapped.
- According to the Dubai Media Office, there were 14 persons who suffered minor injuries and one person who had a significant injury.
During the course of the evacuation, one victim had a heart attack. Dennis Mallari, a photographer, was getting ready to take pictures of the Dubai fireworks when he became stuck on a balcony on the 48th level of the hotel. He was only ten meters away from the fire.
- He wrapped a rope around himself, climbed to the top of a neighboring window-cleaning platform, and dangled from a balcony before being rescued.
- He had already sent text messages to the authorities informing them of his predicament, posted on Facebook asking for assistance, and videotaped the progress of the fire.
According to Al Mazeina, there were twenty physicians and fifty nurses from the Dubai Health Authority present at the scene to treat those who had suffered from smoke inhalation and other minor injuries. The Director-General of Dubai Civil Defense, Major General Rashid Thani Rashid Al Matroushi, stated that all of the residents of the hotel were safely evacuated, that no children were among the injured, and that the fire “broke out only in the external interface and the majority of the fire did not make it to the inside.” During the course of the incident, a number of persons who were there voiced their dissatisfaction with the fact that neither the fire alarm nor the sprinkler system went off.
- It was said that the hotel probably had a full house since guests could see the New Year’s fireworks show at Jumeirah Beach (including Burj Al Arab) and Burj Khalifa clearly from their rooms.
- Still, the concert went on as scheduled, albeit with some errors in the LED programming; at midnight, the authorities determined that the fire had been confined to a 90% effective degree.
The next day, smoke continued to rise from the structure as it had the day before. Cladding is a term that refers to layers of material that are fixed to the outside of buildings for the purpose of insulation. It was reported that the high amount of cladding that was incorporated into the design of the building may have contributed to the spread of the fire.
- This criticism was leveled against the building’s design.
- The Dubai Police conducted a news conference on the 20th of January, 2016, to announce that an electrical short circuit was determined to be the cause of the fire.
- According to the findings of the forensic investigation, the electrical cables of the spotlight that was used to illuminate the building between the 14th and 15th floors were the source of the short circuit that occurred in the structure.
After conducting an examination at the scene, specialists determined that the fire began in the duct that is located between apartment numbers 1401 and 1504. Further research in apartment number 1504 by specialists has led them to the conclusion that the fire spread to the unit from the side of the window, which is attached to the ledge, and that falling debris was the source of the fire in apartment number 1401.
- During the news conference, the police department distributed images that reveal an exposed wire that is not linked to any other section of the duct that runs between the two apartments.
- The visitor who was staying on the 18th level of the building was the one who initially reported the fire to the front desk.
He informed them that he could smell something burning and then went to the front desk a few minutes later when he started to see the smoke. Those tenants whose apartments were destroyed by the fire were offered temporary accommodation by Emaar, although some of those residents have claimed that the housing is not as good as the home they had before.
- Hotel guests are still awaiting compensation for the personal belongings they lost and the emotional distress they endured as a result of the fire.
- They have been trying to get an accurate update from the hotel firm for about two years now, but they have been unable.
- A fire broke out in another building that was being constructed in Downtown Dubai when the tower was undergoing renovations in late 2016.
During this time, the tower itself was also undergoing reconstruction. The fire was put out, but the smoke continued to rise and spread throughout Downtown Dubai even after it had been put out. In 2018, the Address Downtown Hotel had a full refurbishment, during which it also underwent redevelopment and the installation of several safety elements.
Why are there so many fires in Dubai?
On the morning of Saturday, October 23, reports came in of a raging fire at the Marina Diamond 2 apartment complex, which is located in the Sayorah Street neighborhood. The incident took place around 3:30 in the morning, and inhabitants were compelled to flee their beds and houses as quickly as possible while being engulfed in thick plumes of smoke and unrelenting flames.
- The good news is that there have been no reports of fatalities.
- During the time that the fire was being extinguished, the police relocated families and people to safe areas, where they were provided with food and shelter.
- NEWS JUST IN: At four at the morning on Saturday, a blaze was reported to have broken out in a residential tower in Dubai Marina.
Residents are being evacuated in a safe manner while the fire is being brought under control by Dubai Civil Defence, which has arrived on the scene. picture: courtesy of Twitter and Kipk1ROYsy.com — Lovin Dubai | لوڤن دبي (@lovindubai) The date of October 23, 2021 The fire started on one of the higher levels of this somewhat high-rise building, which has sustained the most damage overall.
- Eyewitnesses have stated to the National News that there was not even an alert that sounded when the incident occurred.
- Videos of the incident quickly circulated throughout social media, with many users wondering why fires continue to be a persistent problem in Dubai.
- The blaze broke out at Marina Diamond 2 and was extinguished around 5:30 in the morning.
There were no people hurt in this incident. Bravo to Dubai Civil Defence. Video published on iG by @iamangelaam; picture available at twitter.com/GTrmxG3XyU — Lovin Dubai | لوڤن دبي (@lovindubai) October 23, 2021 Prime Association, the management business for the property, has not yet issued a remark on the matter.
The majority of people do not seem to have an answer as to why the UAE appears to be under attack from flames. According to a report from National News, an inquiry was opened in the previous year to establish whether or not a concerning pattern of fires in Sharjah and Dubai had a same origin. It would appear that the primary offender in this case is a type of aluminum building cladding that was made illegal in the UAE in 2017 due to the elevated risk of fire threats it posed.
After ‘The Torch,’ one of the world’s highest residential towers, had two separate fires in 2017, this prohibition and the consequent modification to the UAE Fire and Life Safety Code of Practice were put into effect as a direct response. This particular kind of cladding was the root cause of a catastrophic fire that broke out in May of 2020 at a building in Sharjah known as “Abbco tower.” The incident led to the opening of the current inquiry.
- It is neither a joke nor is it something new that the exterior cladding of buildings is the primary cause of the numerous fires.
- The flammable siding that was found to be the cause of the fire at “The Torch” was also found to be the cause of the fire at “Grenfell Tower” in London, which claimed the lives of eighty people.
In spite of the fact that most of these structures were constructed before the ban on flammable cladding, it is still a fact that many buildings in the United Arab Emirates pose a risk of fire and require rehabilitation. In addition, officials in the UAE have previously issued warnings on improper wiring in buildings and the abuse or overloading of electric outlets as major causes of fires in the country.
These two factors are considered to be important contributors to fires. It has not been determined what caused the fire in Dubai Marina; however, the authorities and firefighters put in a significant amount of effort to ensure the residents’ safety and work as quickly as possible to return them to their homes.
This is one of the few bright spots in an otherwise unfortunate situation.
When was the fire in the Address Hotel Dubai?
Two years after a fire severely damaged the building, The Address Downtown Dubai hotel is officially up for business and accepting overnight guests for the first time since the blaze. The hotel, which is a part of the Emaar Hospitality Group’s Address Hotels and Resorts brand, has long been one of the most popular options for travelers in the emirate, but it hasn’t been fully operational since New Year’s Eve 2016, when an electrical short circuit caused a fire that spread to the 63-storey tower and injured 15 people.
- The hotel is a part of the Address Hotels and Resorts brand.
- The announcement was made today that the facility, which has a total of 220 rooms and provides guests with unparalleled views of the Burj Khalifa and The Dubai Fountain, is once again accepting reservations.
- The well-known Downtown Dubai hotel’s foyer has been given a makeover to give it a whole new appearance.
Emaar Hospitality Group is the company. With regard to the reopening The Chief Executive Officer of Emaar Hospitality Group, Olivier Harnisch, made the following statement: “There is a very special place in the hearts of all discriminating travelers and guests for the hotel known as Address Downtown.
The hotel has repeatedly won the most prestigious tourist and hospitality awards in the world because to its prime position, which allows guests to take in breathtaking views of the Burj Khalifa.” After that, he continued by saying that “Emaar is bringing to life a hotel that will be the jewel in the crown of its hotel assets.
The all-new Address Downtown, which was created via collaboration with some of the most accomplished designers and experts in the world, ushers in an exceptional lifestyle option and sets new standards for premium accommodation. The hotel will remain committed to maintaining its unique posture as a place “where life occurs.”” The Galliard, which will offer French, Spanish, and Turkish cuisine, is one of numerous new elements that have been added to The Address Downtown.
- The decor has also been updated.
- There will also be a new location of the well-known steakhouse STK (there is already a STK at JBR’s Rixos).
- This will be yet another new option.
- Neos, the lounge bar located on the 63rd floor, will soon be reopening after undergoing renovations (which has fantastic Dubai Fountain views).
The cheapest rooms are available for roughly Dh1,000 per night. Please visit www.addresshotels.com for further information. Continue reading
How did the fire start in Dubai?
On Sunday, a fire broke out inside of a shopping center in Dubai, and it has now been brought under control. During the afternoon hours, a part of Dragon Mart located close to International City was where the fire broke out. The incident was caught on film.
- A spokesperson of Dubai Civil Defence sent a statement to The National in which they stated that the call was received at 4:57 p.m.
- and that firemen arrived at the scene of the event within minutes of the problem being reported.
- “A fire that was extinguished quickly in the Chinese market in International City.
After a quick 10-minute effort, the blaze was brought under control, he reported. The representative claimed that the fire had already spread to three cars before it reached the structure. ” arrived around 5:17 o’clock in the evening, and the fire was brought under control shortly after.
Who owns the address in Dubai?
Emaar Hospitality Group has created a collection of premium luxury hotels known as Address Properties + Resorts. These hotels are positioned as the ideal option for both business and leisure travelers alike.
What Causes electrical fires?
What exactly is a fire caused by electricity? Electrical fires can be caused when the electrical components of a piece of machinery or equipment experience a breakdown or malfunction. Electric lines, cables, circuit breakers, and other electrical components can all be the starting point for fires that are caused by electricity.
Who is the owner of the address hotel?
Emaar Hospitality Group’s initial foray into the hospitality industry was with the Address Hotels + Resorts brand. The premium luxury hotel company has positioned itself as an option that is ideal for both leisure and business travelers as well as those traveling in groups.
- Address has given the hospitality and service industry a new face by establishing new benchmarks with its gracious hospitality and high service standards.
- As a result, the industry as a whole has been given a new identity.
- Address Hotels + Resorts offers a more personal and engaging experience to guests in a premium lifestyle environment, enriching the lives of its guests with luxury, style, and elegance.
Positioning its messaging as “Where life happens,” Address Hotels + Resorts offers a more personal and engaging experience to guests. The hotels that are managed by Address Hotels + Resorts may be found in some of the world’s most coveted destinations.
Who built downtown Dubai?
The Emaar Real Estate Development Company was responsible for the creation of The Dubai Downtown. Prior to the year 2000, this location was known as Umm Al Tarif. Following the year 2000, Umm Al Tarif was renamed The Dubai Downtown. The Dubai Downtown is home to several of the city’s most recognizable landmarks, such as Burj Khalifa, The Dubai Mall, and Dubai Fountain.
How are addresses formatted in Dubai?
- Www.makani.ae is the desktop version of the Makani address system that is used by Dubai Municipality (DM). Only displays sites in Dubai
- does not include Northern Emirates (as of Mar 2019).
- The Sharjah Postal Code may be found at: http://supc. shj. ae/initiatives new. aspx?id=1. (old link may be found at http://initiatives new. aspx?id=1 on the SUPC website in the UAE)
- 18 April 2015, ” Khalid bin Sultan Al Qasimi announces formal launch of new postal code system in Sharjah,” www.wam.ae/en/details/1395279410835.
- www.upu.int/en/activities/addressing/postal-addressing-systems-in-member-countries.html is the address for this website’s section on postal addressing systems. Learn how to address letters in various countries, including the United Arab Emirates.