How Many People Are In Dubai?
- Anthony Watkins
The Dubai Statistics Center, which is a department of the Dubai Government, estimates that the city of Dubai has a total resident population of 3,398,678 at the present time (figure last updated on Sunday 16th of August 2020).
How many people are there in Dubai 2022?
A population level and growth rate chart and table for the metropolitan region of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, from 1950 to 2022. In addition, demographic forecasts made by the United Nations are given up until the year 2035. There was a rise of 1.47% in the metro area population of Dubai from 2021 to 2022, bringing the total to 2,964,000 residents.
|Dubai – Historical Population Data|
What is the population of Dubai 2020?
According to the demographic data that was distributed by the Dubai Statistics Center, the population of Dubai reached 3,411,200 by the end of the year 2020. This represented a gain of 55,300 residents when compared to the population in the preceding year, and a growth rate of 1,63% overall.
- The processes and conditions related with the Covid-19 pandemic, which caused widespread devastation and outbreaks all over the world, were responsible for the decline in population growth rate, which occurred despite the population growth rate that had been reached.
- In instance, the population growth inside the state in general and Dubai in particular is altered greatly by the recruitment of foreign workers.
This increase is not restricted to the natural growth that would have occurred anyhow. It is notable that there is a discernible rise in the number of active persons inside the Emirate during rush hours. This is due to the fact that the Emirate is both a regional and international financial center as well as a popular destination for tourists.
- As a consequence of this, there is a discernible increase in the number of individuals present there at the times that are often considered to be rush hours.
- The population of Dubai reaches a peak of 4,420,370 at this time, which includes an estimated additional 1,009,170 individuals who are only visiting the emirate for a limited amount of time for reasons such as employment or tourism.
In addition to the projections of visitors and individuals who come and leave during the normal rush hours and then after, the population estimation reports provide a real estimated projection about the size of the usual population residing within the Emirate during a certain period and this varies on an annual basis.
The Dubai Statistic Center (DSC) conducts its work in accordance with international standards and methodologies, while at the same time taking into account the specifics of the Emirate, including the demands imposed by the demographic make-up of the region and the additional efforts required for statistical collection.
As a consequence of this, it is essential to present the planners, decision makers, investors, and anyone else who uses statistical data with a comprehensive forecast of the population position and the movements of persons inside the Emirate. As a result of the fact that the number of people coming to the country for the purposes of finding employment, settling there permanently, or traveling as residents has a substantial impact on the expansion of the population.
- Therefore, the population growth rate is also affected by the net increase of the comers to the Emirate in addition to the normal increase (births and deaths), which is what controls the population growth in the majority of cities and countries around the world.
- This is because the Emirate is one of the few places in the world where there is a net increase in the number of people moving there.
The growth rate of the population of Emirati nationals is mostly determined by the normal rise. This is the case in regard to the population. The population distribution of Emiratis who make their home in Dubai is evenly split between men and females, with males making up 49.6% of the population and females making up 50.4%.
- As a result, there are 99 men for every 100 females in the population.
- In terms of the age distribution and gender distribution of the entire population of Dubai that has a permanent domicile, the proportion of males is much larger than the percentage of females (225 male per 100 female).
- The male population has reached 2,362,255 (two million three hundred sixty two thousand two hundred fifty two), while the female population has reached 1,048,945 (one million eighty-four thousand nine hundred forty-five).
This is due to the high percentage of male expatriates working in the Emirates without their families. The number of males in the population has reached 2,362,255.
What is the population of Dubai in 2016?
Statistics on the population of Dubai indicate that there are around 2,504,000 people living in the city as of the year 2016. This makes it the most populous emirate in the United Arab Emirates, surpassing Abu Dhabi, which, while having a bigger size, has the third greatest population in the UAE, which is believed to be only a little more than one million people.
The proportion of males to females in Dubai’s population is uneven, with men making up around 75% of the total population. The native residents make up just 15% of the total population, while the remaining 85% are made up of people who are not originally from the country. Asians make up around 85% of the expatriate population, which is the same as 71% of the entire population.
The majority of these people are from India, which accounts for 51% of the total. Pakistan (17%), Bangladesh (9%) and the Philippines (3%), are the three most common countries of origin for other Asians in Dubai. In addition, there are many people of Somali descent living in the city, and the city’s Western expatriate community is dominated by people of British descent.
- Although Islam is the predominant faith in Dubai, other religions are welcomed and respected here.
- Tolerance and tolerance are hallmarks of Dubai.
- A number of world faiths, including Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism, and Christianity, are followed by members of Dubai’s minority population.
- In terms of languages, Arabic is the official language, while English is frequently spoken as well.
English is not the only language spoken. Languages such as Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Tamil, Tagalog, Persian, Chinese, and others are also often used in spoken communication. According to data collected by the WHO in 2015, the average life expectancy of a male in Dubai and the United Arab Emirates is 76 years, while the average life expectancy of a female is 79 years.
How many people are there in the UAE?
Population of the United Arab Emirates in 2021 (Top Picks) – According to the estimates made by the United Nations, the population of the UAE in the year 2021 will be 9.99 Million. In the United Arab Emirates, the population density is 118 people packed into every square kilometer.
What was the population of Dubai in 1980?
In 2021, the population of Dubai was 3.43 million, however as of now, in 2022, it has reached 3.49 million. In 2021, the population was 3.43 million. Since reaching 2.56 million in 2016, the population has increased by more than one million in only the past six years.
The metropolitan region of the most populated emirate alone today has a population density of around 762.6 people per square kilometer. The population of Dubai is comprised of 2.36 million men and 1.04 million females (according to the latest available data from Dubai Statistics Center ). With an area of 4,114 square kilometers, Dubai is the second-largest emirate in the United Arab Emirates.
It is the commercial capital of the United Arab Emirates and is known as a global business hub due to its location in the southwestern corner of the Arabian Gulf. This bustling metropolis is home to a greater number of expats than Emiratis. There are populations of Christians, Hindus, and Sikhs even though the majority of the local population is Muslim.
What is the ethnic composition of Dubai?
South Asians make up around 67% of the expatriate population in the emirate, as well as 71% of the overall population of the emirate. Roughly one quarter of the population has some Iranian ancestry. Westerners make up about eight percent of Dubai’s overall population, according to some estimates.